Rob's Terrific 20
Day #20 Friday, February 27th
Workout focus BICEPS
- EZ Curls Bar 3x10
- Hammer Curls 3x10
- Alternate Curls 3x10
- Cardio - 30 minutes of your choice
- *After each exercise there are two numbers. The first is the sets and the second is the reps. For example: "Push Ups 3x10" means do 3 sets of 10 push ups with a break between each set - 10 push ups, break, 10 more, etc.
EZ Curls Bar
- Set up a preacher curl bench making sure that the seat is set at the right height for you. The seat shouldn’t be so low that you need to raise your shoulders, or so high that you need to lean over the support pad.
- Rest you arms on the support pad with your triceps near the top and your elbows midway down the pad.
- Grip the EZ curl bar with an underhand grip at shoulder width.
- Curl the bar in towards your chin and upper chest in a single smooth arc. Hold for a count of one.
- Lower the bar by extending your arms back to the starting position.
Notes: This exercise is designed to isolate and focus attention on the biceps. Therefore, resistance is stronger at the start of each repetition. So when you begin each repetition, don’t “swing” your arms to move the weight. By returning to the start position slowly, you are keeping tension on the bicep working it in both directions. This exercise can also be performed a pair of dumbbells or using one arm at a time.
- Stand straight holing a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip.
- Keep your arms fully extended with your palms facing in to your sides.
- Keep your elbows tucked in to your sides. This is the start position.
- Keeping your upper arm stationary, exhale and curl the dumbbells up towards your shoulders.
- Continue raising the dumbbells until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Hold for a count of one and squeeze your biceps.
- Return to the start position in a smooth movement, inhaling as you do so.
- Note: There are many ways to perform this movement. Other examples include; sitting with or without back support, using alternating arms and also using a cable station’s lower pulley.
- Set up an incline bench at 45 degrees.
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, sit on the bench, keeping your shoulders and back firmly against the back rest.
- Put your arms down by your side with your palms facing in to your body.
- Slowly curl your arms up, rotating your wrist outwards (thumbs pointing away from your body) until the dumbbell is level with your shoulders. (Your palms should be facing your shoulders)
- Flex or squeeze your bicep at the top of the movement and hold for a count of one.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to the start position, turning your palms back in to your body. Repeat.
- Note: You can also perform this exercise using one arm at a time or by alternating your arms (Left, right, left, right…)